If you are a tax-paying citizen of a nation, then you must have a Personal Account Number Card or simply a PAN Card. This article guides you to apply for a PAN card in Nepal. Follow these stepwise guides and apply for the PAN card in Nepal. Before procedure knows more about PAN card.
What is a PAN card?
PAN is also known as Personal Account Number. It is a card to keep the records of all the taxpayers of the nation. The government of Nepal has issued a notice for every income tax-paying private or government sector officer for making a PAN card. It has been mandatory for all the workers from the year 2019 AD. PAN card contains a unique number which is known as a Personal Account Number.
Why is a PAN card needed?
A PAN card is required for a citizen of the country. Here is why a PAN card is needed.
- PAN cardholders are those who pay taxes to the nation. If you pay tax to the government, then it is compulsory to have a PAN card.
- PAN card system helps in tracking the income of taxpayers and helps to prevent revenue leakages.
- Personal Account Numbers are required for a person to run the Cottage or Large scale industries.
- Any Person doing service in Private or government is required to have a PAN card, issued mandatory by the government.
- For running an organization or a shop, a PAN card is necessary.
Who Issues PAN Card in Nepal?
The department of the government looking under the tax registration issues the PAN card in Nepal. In Nepal, the tax registration is done by the Inland Revenue Department under the government of Nepal. So, a PAN card is issued by the Inland Revenue Department. To apply for the PAN card, initially, you should visit the Inland Revenue Office but up to now, the process has become Online Process, so you can apply for the PAN card easily from home.
Inland Revenue Department (IRD) looks after the tax registration. These offices work under the IRO to issue PAN cards and tax registration in Nepal.
- Field Offices- There are 59 field offices under the IRO working for tax registration.
- Inland Revenue Offices- 38 IROs are working under the department.
- Tax Service Offices- There is a total of 19 tax service offices in Nepal working for this.
- A medium-level tax office and a large level tax office respectively are called as MLTOs and LLTOs.
Know about PAN card
Information about PAN cards in Nepal areas is listed below. This information is the official information provided by the government of Nepal to all both PAN holders and non-holders.
- PAN code is given to the cardholders. PAN code is a nine-digit code.
- PAN is a unique code or numeric identifier of the taxpayers.
- Suggested by its name, a PAN card is permanent throughout life and it cannot be renewed.
- Salaries or investments of any companies or organizations are not Valid if you don’t have a PAN card.
Types of PAN
Types of PAN issued by the Department of Inland Revenue are.
1. Personal PAN(PPAN) for the individuals.
2. Business or Industry PAN for the business holders or industrialists.
Documents Required to Register a PAN
IRD provides a PAN to all taxpayers. So, Nepalese citizens, as well as foreign citizens, can apply for the PAN in Nepal. These are the documents required to register a PAN Card.
- Application Form-Provided by the IRD. Required-1
- Photocopy of Citizenship registering a PAN. Required-1
- Passport-sized photo of the applicant.Required-2
- In case of a foreign, applying for PAN, it is required to have his/her citizenship Certificate.
One Person One PAN
The government of Nepal has issued the policy of One Person One PAN. So, it is required to have a PAN mandatory. Foreigners who are involved in business in Nepal compulsorily should have a PAN.
A lot of citizens of Nepal already have registered PAN cards. Since the PAN card has been mandatory, all the citizens should know about PAN card registration and its Process.
How To Register FOR PAN Card in Nepal?
Applying for PAN has been easy. Follow these stepwise guides and register a PAN in Nepal.
- Visit the official website of the Inland Revenue Department. Click Here to get redirected.
- Click on the taxpayer tab.
- On the left-hand side, you can see Online E-Services. Click on the Registration tab.
- Find the application for registration and click on it.
- Fill out the application form. In Verifying Office section, select the nearest IRD office.
- Click on OK. You will be provided with a submission number. Note it down.
- Click on Continue.
- PAN application e-from will now open. Fill out the form with proper details in the Nepali language.
- Upload Photos and documents.
- .Click on the Save button.
- You can log in again with your username, password, and submission number to edit any details in case of mistakes.
- Submit and Print the form.
- After that visit the IRD office you selected with your printed form and the above-mentioned documents and the IRD office verifies your details and provides you a PAN card.
- PAN registration can take place from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Keep the Card safe and do not misuse it.
Benefits of having a PAN card.
- You can run a business or industry.
- You can do bank transactions easily.
- You can do tax-related transactions easily.
- You can get loans from the bank with a business PAN card.
A single person associated with two or more businesses doesn’t need to have a separate PAN card. Only a PAN card is enough to run two or more businesses.
This article was all about PAN card registration, its importance, and details about PAN registration in Nepal. Follow this stepwise tutorial to register for the PAN card. Share this article with your friends, families, and relatives so that they get to know about registering a PAN card in Nepal. All the laws and details are formulated by the government. Comments and feedback are highly appreciated. Thank you for reading.