A No Objection Certificate, also known as a NOC, is a document that allows for smooth financial transactions between students and their universities for overseas study. While NOCs are commonly used in real estate transactions, they are also important for students seeking to study abroad. In Nepal, the Ministry of Education issues NOCs to students who have applied online. These documents are necessary for students to transfer tuition and other fees to their chosen universities, particularly in countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. If you are interested in obtaining a NOC in Nepal and studying abroad, this guide will help you understand the process and required documents.
Stepwise Guide to applying for NOC in Nepal
If are you from Nepal and looking forward to studying in aboard countries, then you might know about the NOC (No Objection Certificate) Or No Objection letter. If not, then this article will help you to know about the NOC and also guides you to apply for the NOC.
What is a no-objection certificate?
“No Objection Certificate” is the certificate letter given to those students who want to apply for foreign studies. After you receive a no-objection certificate, you become eligible for foreign studies. In Nepal, the ministry of education provides NOC to the students.
Why do you need NOC?
NOC is an important document letter that needs to be applied by students who are applying for foreign studies. Without a NOC letter, you cannot study in foreign colleges or universities. Councils and universities in abroad countries ask for a NOC letter before enrolling you in any course in aboard.
Is NOC compulsory?
Yes. NOC letter is mandatory for most the university in aboard. You require a NOC letter for the university payment in banks too.
Who issues NOC in Nepal?
Ministry of Education. Nepal Government’s education ministry issues NOC in Nepal. They approve the students to study aboard and provide them NOC.
Eligibility for NOC in Nepal
These are the eligibility for the NOC in Nepal.
- A valid offer from the university/college.
- Eligible to study in foreign.
How to apply for the NOC in Nepal?
Here are stepwise guides to applying for the NOC in Nepal. Follow these steps in order to apply for the No Objection Certificate in Nepal.
- Fill out the NOC form by visiting Education Ministry Office situated in Keshar Mahal.
- You can also fill out the online form by visiting the official website http://noc.moest.gov.np.
- You should create an account after visiting the site.
- Upload the required and valid documents and sign up using your email or phone.
- The application notice usually comes in 1-2 days in case of online registration. In the case of Physical registration, it only takes a few hours or even instantly.
- After the application is accepted by the ministry of education, you should pay the fees for NOC which is NRS 2000.
- Receive the NOC letter.
What are the documents required for NOC?
These are the documents that you require for applying and receiving the NOC letter.
- Your original citizenship along with a photocopy.
- Your original and photocopies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Citizenship of guardian
- Valid visa copy
- Departure slip of passport (Nepal Immigration)
- Arrival slip of passport (Concern Country Immigration)
- University Bona fide Letter
- Invoice Letter (payment details)
- Original & photocopy of passport
- Acceptance letter or I-20 from the University/ Law School (the institution you are applying to study abroad).
Documents Required based on your program
You will need to provide various documents that are related to the specific program or course you prefer to study.
- Eligibility Certificate on your specific program
- Internship Certificate based on your course
- Medical/Engineering or any other council certificates if you are applying for the postgraduate programs.
NOC in Nepal for married woman
If you are a married woman applying for the NOC letter in Nepal, you should provide proof of surname change to the officials. That can be your marriage certificate copy or a copy of your husband’s citizenship.
Sidenotes for NOC in Nepal
Various notices for NOC are published by the education ministry. The rules and regulations are as per the government of Nepal. Visit the official website of the ministry of education to know more about the NOC letter.
All students who apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) in Nepal must pay a fee of 2000 NPR (as of December 2022). If a student submits their NOC form before 12 PM on the day of registration, they will receive their NOC on the same day. If the form is submitted after 12 PM, the student will receive their NOC on the next working day. NOCs are distributed at window 6 and students will be notified of their token numbers.
Comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks for reading. We wish you a better future.