Top Scholarships For Women
There are a lot of programs for the empowerment of women. Women are always lacking activities and deprived of education and opportunities by some means. Also, there are a lot of empowerment programs and activities for the active participation of women in education.
The rate of women is very low than the men in pursuing the higher education degree. Women are made to stop higher education in most cases. Some countries even do not let active or comforting participation in higher studies.
The not only country, but the problem arises from the families. In most developing countries, women have been deprived of education, especially higher education. They are not mentally as well as financially supported by their families for their further studies. Even countries like India face this problem.
To overcome this, and ensure the active participation of women in higher education, many feminist organization, government, NGOs and women’s welfare organizations are collaboratively working with the educational institutions to provide free higher education for the needy and deserving women in the world.
There are several scholarships, fellowships, free internship, and bursaries that helps women to engage in higher education.
Engagement of Women in Higher Education
The engagement of women in higher education is relatively lower than that of men in the world. Due to insecurities and low public engagements, women do not pursue. The cases were too critical past few years. But, it has improved but still, most the developing countries face this problem. It occurs a lot in developing countries.
Effect of No women Participation in Higher Education
The problem seems normal but it can cause a lot in the development process of the country and empowerment of women. We’ve listed the effects of no active participation of women in higher education. Have a look at those points.
- Lack of Women Resources.
- Illiteracy in the Country.
- It affects the development index of the country
- Loss of opportunities for the women.
- Low living standard.
- Increased cases of women’s violence
- Women empowerment will be low.
Causes of No Women Engagement in Higher Education
Those were the effects caused by the no active participation of women in higher education. But, what causes that? Why don’t women get involved in higher education? Here are some of the reasons.
- Not physically or mentally empowered.
- No support from the families
- Socio-Cultural Beliefs
- Lack of Primary education
- Family Obligations
- No gender equality and many more
How can we overcome this?
To overcome this difficulty, primary education must be given to women and it is necessary mandatory secondary education for women. Encouraging and Motivating them for higher education can help.
Here are some ideas to overcome this problem.
- Women empowerment Program
- Gender Equality
- Reserved quotas for women
- Social and Financial Support such as bursaries
Financial aids for women’s education
Nowadays, there are a lot of organizations working for the empowerment of women in higher education. It is found from the primary investigation that financial problem is the major problem pulling back women from higher education. So, there are a lot, of funded bursaries, scholarships, and fellowships that provide financial aid to needy women around the world.
Top Scholarships and Fellowships For Women
Here are the lists of top financial aid for women around the world. They are.
AAUW International Fellowship Program for women
- Host – American Association of University Women
- Level Of Study – Post Graduate and Graduate Research Programs
- Country- The Unites States of America
- Scholarship Value – $18000 For Master’s Fellowship, $20,000 for doctorate fellowship and $30,000 for postdoctorate fellowship.
- Course – Offered By the University
- Duration – Completion of Research
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty For Future Fellowships For Women
- Host – Faculty For Future Programs
- Level of Study – P.hD. or Postdoctorate
- Study In – Leading Universities worldwide
- Field of Study – Science, Information technology, and mathematics
- Target Group – Women From Developing Nations,
- Scholarship Value- $40,000 to $50,000 per year
- Duration – Completion of Research
Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund For Women
- Host – Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF)
- Target Group – Women From Developing and Low Income Nations
- Regions- Latin America, South Africa, and US/Canada
- Scholarship Value – Entire expense of an academic year.
PEO International Peace Scholarship For Women
- Name- PEO International Peace Fund
- Graduate In- USA, Canada
- Target Group- Selected Fron other Countries
- Duration – Required for graduate study
- Scholarship Value – maximum $12,500 for one year
FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
Women of any country and age can get this scholarship to complete a finance- graduate program. The scholars get $10,000 as financial coverage.
The Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship For Women
Fellowship is provided to 2 women scholars, from developing nations to complete the research program in peace and development studies in any institutions. The fellowship value is $5000 per year. and the duration is for 2 years. The fellowship aims to promote peace in the world.
Forte MBA Fellowship Program for Women
Scholarships To those women enrolled in MBA programs full-time or part-time. This is for the involvement of women in business studies.
Eira Francis Davies Scholarship in Health and Human Science
Scholarships are given to the women enrolled at Swansea University to complete an undergraduate or graduate course in health and human science. The scholarship covers the full tution fees of the study.
UNESCO-L’Oreal Fellowships For Women in Science
L’Oreal with UNESCO collaboratively provides funds for graduate research programs in different courses. The fellowship value is $15000 to $60000 depending upon the country.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship For Women in Aerospace Science and Engineering
A Fellowship worth $10,000 is provided to 35 women doing Ph.D. or doctoral research in aerospace science and engineering
These scholarships and financial aid help in the women’s, empowerment and active engagement of women in higher education. To know more about the women’s scholarships, you can visit the official website of the scholarships and find information on eligibility, deadline, and how to apply. Find a suitable scholarship for you and apply. You can get a lot of benefits from these scholarships. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends, families, and relatives.