Are you an international student seeking to pursue your master’s degree abroad? Look no further than the Danish Government Scholarship, now open for applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this fully-funded scholarship, its benefits, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
What is the Danish Government Scholarship 2023-2024?
The Danish Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship available to international students pursuing a master’s degree in Denmark. It aims to provide financial assistance to talented students who wish to pursue their studies in one of the top 50 universities in the world, Southern Denmark University.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship comprises two parts: a full tuition fee waiver and a monthly grant to cover living expenses. The grant amounts to DKK 6090 per month before taxes, which can go a long way in helping students cover their cost of living in Denmark. The Denmark government scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program, which means that it covers all expenses related to studying in Denmark. This includes:
- Tuition fees: The scholarship covers all tuition fees related to the program you’re studying.
- Accommodation: The scholarship covers accommodation costs, which means that you’ll have a place to live during your studies.
- Monthly stipend: The scholarship also provides a monthly stipend to cover living expenses. The amount of the stipend varies depending on the level of study, but it’s usually enough to cover basic expenses like food, transport, and other essential items.
Who is eligible to apply?
The Danish Government Scholarship is available to all full-degree international students from EU/EEA countries, and Cultural Agreements for Exchange and Guest Students. The program aims to grant complete tuition fee waivers and grants to deserving candidates, recognizing the significant investment made by foreign learners in their education.
Language Requirements: One of the most important eligibility criteria for the Danish government scholarship is language proficiency. To be eligible, you must have English skills comparable to the Danish B level in English if you’re coming to follow courses in English.
Exchange students can document their language proficiency by way of our language requirement form or by way of their secondary school-leaving certificate (min. 210 hours at high school level) or an IELTS score of minimum 6.5 or a TOEFL score of minimum 575/230/88.
Eligible Countries : The Danish government scholarship is open for candidates from all non-EU/EEA countries who are eligible to pay tuition fees. This means that if you’re from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you’re not eligible for the scholarship.
Academic Requirements : To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have completed at least three years of relevant university-level courses if you’re applying for a Master’s degree program. This is equivalent to 180 ECTS credits.
General Entry Requirements : In addition to the specific eligibility criteria mentioned above, all exchange and guest students must fulfil the general entry requirements. These include:
- You must be enrolled in a full degree program at a recognized institution of higher education.
- You must have completed at least two years of university-level courses before the start of your exchange or guest study.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- You must provide proof of financial support during your stay in Denmark.
How to apply for the Danish Government Scholarship?
To apply for the Danish Government Scholarship, interested candidates must follow a step-by-step process. Firstly, they must choose a master’s program at Southern Denmark University and make sure they meet the academic requirements. Then, they should submit an online application for the master’s program and indicate their interest in the Danish Government Scholarship. The scholarship application will then be assessed along with the master’s program application.
Here are some steps you need to follow to apply for the scholarship:
- Select a program: Visit the Study in Denmark website and decide a program that you’re interested in.
- Check the eligibility requirements: Before you apply for the scholarship, make sure that you’re eligible for it. Check the eligibility requirements on the Study in Denmark website.
- Prepare your application documents: You need to prepare all the necessary documents, including your academic transcripts, CV, motivation letter, and reference letters.
- Submit your application: Once you’ve prepared your application documents, submit your application online before the deadline provided.
In conclusion, pursuing your master’s degree in Denmark has never been easier with the Danish Government Scholarship 2023-2024. With its full tuition fee waiver and living expenses grant, talented students from all over the world can have access to a world-class education at Southern Denmark University. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity—apply now!